Our R&D team is committed to the development of new product candidates across a number of research areas including oncology (cancer), neurology, cardiology and infectious & inflammatory diseases. We have implemented a strategy with five integrated prongs:
- identification of new diagnostic and therapeutic candidates to address unmet medical needs;
- support of existing therapeutic product areas with external strategic collaborations;
- development of innovative formulations for both reconstituted kits and ready-to-inject solutions;
- early identification of promising candidate molecules through the integration of radiochemistry, pharmacology, dosimetry, and Proof of Concept (PoC) in humans; and
- pursuit of an approach for unmet medical needs that combines diagnostic and therapeutic aspects.
We believe that in-depth imaging expertise is key to the development of innovative imaging technologies and product candidates. We have accordingly established a multi-imaging solution platform, Ephoran Multi Imaging Solutions, to cover imaging techniques ranging from those techniques used extensively in pre-clinical settings and in clinics (e.g., MRI, PET, CT, SPECT, US) to optical imaging (OI, visible light and near-infra-red). We believe this platform can also be used to partner with external companies to improve and accelerate their product development. In addition, we believe our platform is uniquely positioned in pre-clinical and clinical imaging, allowing for serial/longitudinal imaging experiments during pharmacology and toxicology animal studies, and it is closely connected to and works with the Centre of Excellence in Pre-Clinical Imaging at the University of Turin.
The R&D group assumes leadership of our efforts in the identification and development of promising new candidates that target orphan diseases and unmet medical needs in the field of oncology, cardiology, neurology and inflammation. By integrating diagnostics and therapy, we work towards targeted and personalized medicine that tailors treatments to individual patient needs. Through our R&D senior management group we direct the overall strategy for developing our pipeline of product candidates while strictly adhering to international radiopharmaceutical regulations and guidelines. The R&D management group has significant expertise and know-how across the entire product development chain and is supported by experienced staff in radiochemistry, pharmaceutical, pre-clinical and clinical development. In addition, we maintain continuous interactions with the healthcare field through hospitals, universities and research centers of excellence as a part of our strategy to foster a robust R&D pipeline .